[3830] CQ160 SSB N4DJ Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Feb 26 17:30:01 PST 2012

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: N4DJ
Operator(s): N4DJ
Station: N4DJ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 357  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 7  Total Score = 37,536

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Only got in 9 hours and 9 minutes! Poor planning on my part.  We had a radio
club banquet Saturday night and I had to shut down during prime time on Friday
night due to a thunder storm. I once had a 160 antenna struck by lightning
(when I was not home) and from the damage I found I never want to be sitting at
the rig if it ever happens again! What time I did have was fun, but I definitely
will have a "voice keyer" going by next year for the slower hours and hopefully
no conflicting dinner plans!
Highlight was having EI7M answer my CQ and stick with me until I finally copied
that he was not a TI! The static was really bad at times. It must be summer, the
temperature was 80 degrees Friday.
Thanks for the QSOs.
73,
Don