[3830] ARRL FD AA2BJ(@WI2E) 1D LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Jun 25 06:26:36 PDT 2012

                    ARRL Field Day

Call: AA2BJ
Operator(s): WI2E AA2BJ
Station: WI2E

Class: 1D LP
QTH: Bethlehem, PA

  160:    0      0       0
   80:  204    113       0
   40:  220     20       0
   20:  213     61       0
   15:   29     19       0
   10:    0      0       0
    6:    0      0       0
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  666    213     879  Total Score = 2,974

Since our first Field Day in 1987 from a tent in my parents' backyard as KB2AOE,
AA2BJ and I have always tried to get together to operate on Field Day. We've now
made it three consecutive years from my station and this was our best effort
yet. AA2BJ enthusiastically took on the low power SSB challenge, and I ran SO2R
on CW.

While we obviously had hoped for better conditions on 10M & 15M, we were
pleasantly surprised by how well 80M/75M worked for us. We were even able to
run on phone!

Overall, we had a great time and came away with some ideas for improvements
next year. Thanks to everyone for the QSOs and especially to those who went out
into the field.  We're already looking forward to Field Day 2013.

The score above includes bonus points.

Equipment:
Rigs: K3, TS-940S, TS-590S
TX Antennas:
80M: 1/4 wavelength inverted L (45 ft. vertical)
40M: the 80M L & 1/4 wavelength inverted L, short dipole
20M: switchable inverted Vs, apex at 40 ft., dipole at 30 ft.
15M: dipole at 30 ft.

RX Antennas: 1/2 & 1/4-sized K9AY loops

73,
Joe