[3830] NewEngQP K1ESE Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 7 06:04:02 PDT 2012

                    New England QSO Party

Call: K1ESE
Operator(s): K1ESE
Station: K1ESE

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: OXF ME

   15:     31
   10:      2
------------------------
Total:    710       0  Mults = 75  Total Score = 106,500

K3, 500w Herc II amp(s), Zepps at 80' and 66'

It was a full effort this year SOHP.  Early afternoon Sunday the HP part had
problems when the Herc II amp went intermittent on 20m.  Instead of 500w, the
best I could do was about 200w.  Took time off to switch my other Herc II amp
into place and get everything up and running.  Sunday was awfully slow, worse
than I had remembered.  It was also the best weather in weeks and I was stuck
calling CQ while my wife went for a bicycle ride.

Conditions didn't seem so great Sunday.  Only 2 QSOs on 10m and not that many
more on 15m.  But lots of multipliers on the higher bands which made up for
slow rates.

My score is not as good as 2 years ago when Sunday was much more active.

As for the competition, I kept hearing N1BUG all over the place with what
seemed like high power, same as me.  I'm sure he trounced me.  He was
everywhere!  Who is N1BUG????   :-)

Thanks to Tom and the organizers and those that put up with my slow typing.

73 de K1ESE
John