[3830] WPX CW K3TN SO(A)AB(TS) HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 28 03:07:10 PDT 2012

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO(A)AB(TS) HP
QTH:

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3/KPA-500 to Windom OCF dipole at 45 feet

The usual sporadice mix of a few hours of indoor fun interleaved with mostly
spending Memorial Day weekend outdoors. It seemed like both 15m and 20m were
open no matter what time of day I had a chance to get on the air. On the other
hand, I never saw any joy on 10m or 80m, and 40m was eh.

I did a lot of high speed skimmer-assisted SO2V S&Ping and it seemed like the
Reverse Beacon Network accuracy was much improved. Though there were some head
scratchers - I duped KD4D when I jumped on a spot that looked like a new mult.

On the RBN, I only use spots from skimmers in W3, W4 and W8 (WV). When I would
start running I found for some reason those skimmers wouldn't spot me. However,
I had the usual "cluster-induced" speed bursts so I guess other skimmers did
hear me or human beings were still doing some spotting...

The N1MM "Warning - call sign too long" warning popped up quite often. If you
exrapolate the trend, soon we will be working 9A314159265358979323846AA for a
new multiplier.