[3830] SS CW K9CT Single Op HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Nov 5 10:04:22 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: IL

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

It was a pleasant surprise to work NLI, SNJ, NNJ at all. Thanks guys for getting
on!! Best wishes to all on the east coast.

I got the sweep but it wasn't easy....Last few were ND, KP4, NT, VE5 and VE4 in
that order. Sunday morning brought a call from VE5MX followed by KE0A on 80m! I
found NP4Z on 20m an hour later...then it was look everywhere for VY1EI whom I
had just worked before SS started on 15m. Another hour of looking around found
them on the low end of 20m. VE4EAR has always called in sometime but I could
not find him. So I looked high and low with the second radio for hours....at
21:33 VE4GV was found and I was his 15th QSO!! Another Sweep Happy Dance!!

The best part of the contest is hearing friends on the air. It was also
terrific to hear so many newer hams getting on and doing very well. Welcome!!

I tried some "new to me" SO2R N1MM features and really am happy I did. It kept
me busy when there was little else going on and probably responsible for more
QSOs than would have resulted without. More arrows in the quiver for next
time....

Most Qs were made using a 40m dipole at 50' and 80m dipole at 60'. Some were
made using the yagis but it was interesting seeing the signal differences
between the antennas. You don't need big antennas in the midwest to work this
contest. The yagis would sometimes exclude whom you would work, rather than
increase the potential. I spent most of Sunday when rate was slow doing prop
research...hi!.

SO2R...

2@ K3/P3 MK2R+ AS Filters, AS 8X4, 87A LP100A

N1MM, Green Heron Everywhere software control, PSTRotator for SteppIR server
software

See you in phone weekend!!

73, Craig K9CT