[3830] SS CW W7IY(@W4NF) Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Nov 6 19:14:54 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W7IY
Operator(s): W7IY
Station: W4NF

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: VA

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I had a great time again this year at W4NF. Perhaps next year, I might be a
little better at SO2R. The bands were in pretty good shape. Although 80 was
very noisy on Sunday evening.

It always surprises me to find some of the harder to get multipliers hanging
out in weird places. For example, I worked VY1EI on 21.075 - nobody was around.
It's always a good idea to keep tuning past the crowds.

I never heard DE and only one NNY station, where there was a huge pile up. My
5W signal couldn't bust it, so I missed a clean sweep again.

Thanks to all the ops who spend the extra time working me.