[3830] SS SSB N9NE Single Op QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Nov 18 23:13:12 EST 2012

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Amherst, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 19:15

Wasn't going to do this again with QRP but the higher band conditions were so
good that I couldn't not :)

Props on 20-10M were fantastic at times, leaving ops on other end wondering if
I were really running 5W (no, I was running 4.9W-really!:) Setup: K3 to Force
12 40-10M Yagi at 70' and 176 doublet at 67'.

OTOH, I have to humbly thank the many folks on 40 and 80 who patiently pulled
me out of the din on those bands. Maybe THEY should get a 2X bonus for working
me!

Missed SNJ (either they were S&P or were mobbed), and never heard PR or (my
usual nemesis)MB. Running was very difficult with strong signals and splatter.

Had a number of quick 'mini-QSOs' with OFs like me who started up in 1958 at
age 14 or there-abouts. We figure we have maybe 10-15 years of this left before
either our bodily warranties or Social Security expire!  And yes, I am having a
stiff drink right after the bell :)

All in good fun.

73
Todd