[3830] CQWW SSB W8OHT SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Oct 28 22:29:50 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W8OHT
Operator(s): W8OHT
Station: W8OHT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

  160:    4     3        3
   80:   11     6        5
   40:   54    15       30
   20:  100    19       54
   15:   73    15       45
   10:   27     8       19

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

At ten O'clock AM Saturday, the K-3 showed "ERR KEY" which an investigation
showed the key out line to have a phantom voltage unralated to the keying.
Further checking showed that the voltage was due to some of my careless work to
now wrap a key line wire with black tap.  Now an hour and a half later, I was
able to get some tape on it and back to the contest.  Another distraction was
cleaning up the lawn where 2 cords of firewood landed. With the wood generally
all stacked, there remained a lot of kin-ling wood and saw-dust that had to be
cleared before some rain forecast.  Another four hours away from the contest
seat.  It was good to be contesting when I found the time to do it though. 73,
John.....W8OHT