[3830] CQWW SSB D9K M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 11:52:23 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: D9K
Operator(s): HL1VAU DS2GOO DS4NYE
Station: D9K

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: PM24xs

  160:    0     0        0
   80:  140    16       23
   40:  608    25       55
   20:  169    23       42
   15:  837    27       60
   10:  262    21       60

Club: Korea Contest Club

Comments:

D9K have been exposed sometime by Korea Contest Club in the past. But serious
effort in big contest is first time and we had a lot of fun.

Many keen contesters confused our callsign because D9 is unusual prefix over
many years.
"DL9 What?" , "Delta Nine Zero something?" , "Delta ending kilo come again.."
and so other repeat asking was usual when operators did search and pounce on
the bands.

M/2 by three operators from far away place was crazy challenge but we made
it..!

Propagation
-----------
10m - Good. Better than last year but sometime need yelling to beat some local
walls.
15m - Best. Nice pile-up from NA in Sat/Sun morning time. The pile-up remind
memories past solar cycle peak.
20m - Very bad and worse than last year. We could listen bunch of EU/NA during
daylight time but no chance our signal reach their door. Only a few big guns
workable on this band.
40m - Great. Nice pile-up from EU/NA during whole Saturday night. But the band
flatted on Sunday evening and only a few contact allowed. Very satisfied
performance of 4 sqaure array which has 25dB or more F/S ratio by blind A/B
tests during pre operation for contesting.
80m - Nice experience. loaded vertical antenna(around 18m height) with one
beverage allowed us many mults. Never been expected some rare contest stations
- CN2R, D4C, Etc - heard and call us. The dream realized in early morning.

Thanks to all and see you next contests.
Rocky/HL1VAU