[3830] CQWW SSB W2UP SOSB(A)/10 LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Oct 29 19:43:07 EDT 2012

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2UP
Operator(s): W2UP
Station: W2UP

Class: SOSB(A)/10 LP
QTH: CO

   10:  271    26       80

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

It's funny reading many of the already posted comments.  Everybody hates Phone
contests.  Well, so do I.  Even when I had a big station on the east coast, I
abhorred Phone tests.  Now that I'm in Colorado, running 100W to a stealth
dipole, it's far worse.  However, when I saw the SFI and tuned 10m on Saturday
morning, with big signals from Europe, I couldn't resist getting into the fray
(since ski season is still a few weeks away).

I put in about 9 hours, though it felt like 20 hours.  I did pretty well
considering what I'm running.  Most guys heard me, even very weak signals, but
a few CQed in my face.  Using the Cluster was silly, as it was pointless to get
into pileups.  I spent 95% of my time just tuning and calling guys - much more
time-effective.  Be on CQWW CW from K0RF.  Thanks for your good ears!