[3830] NA Sprint CW K4LY/QRPP QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 9 18:11:56 EDT 2012

                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K4LY/QRPP
Operator(s): K4LY
Station: K4LY/QRPP

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 2+

   80:
   40:  11       2+
   20:
---------------------
Total:  11     Mults = 11  Total Score = 121

Club:

Team:

Comments:

Something different! Eleven contacts in 2+ hours with a minimalist trans-ceiver
running 450 mw to a dipole.  I was using the Breadboard Splinter (google
it!)which has a direct conversion receiver- receiving both sidebands with
perhaps   -6dB at 4 KHz and -60dB at 20 KHz, so receive and transmit were
equally challenging!  The Splinter doesn't have break in, ability to use a
keyer, or a user-friendly VXO (requires using a small screwdriver) so usually
by the time I got on someone's frequency, they had left!  I used the one finger
onboard key (google it and you'll see) which I'm sorta getting used to.  Good
ears awards go to K0RF, N9RV, N2IC, and N6RT all 1200++ miles away who copied
the 450 mw! Each contact was a a rush and a memorable event.
Doug Inman SC