[3830] NA Sprint CW K4LY/QRPP QRP

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Sep 9 19:34:02 EDT 2012

Doug, you either need a golden plaque for your effort or need to be
committed to the funny farm for you GRRR8 effort!

Working with my rig cranked down to <5 watts with a "fair to middling"
receiver (Drake TR-5) and a 80 meter inverted V @ 28 ' in the center is
masochistic enough - but a "wide open" transmitter/receiver like you
used deserves congratulations. Reminds me of my first ARRL sweepsteaks,
with ARC-5 receivers for 80 and 40, plus a "BC-453 Q-fiver" which
probably had 6 KHz bandwidth and no opposite sideband rejection. :)

Congrats!  Wanna try @ 100 milliwatts in the future?  :)

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time
(But I generally run 4.99 watts and have a "reasonable" receiver!)