[3830] SAC CW OH3KAV SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 16 13:00:24 EDT 2012

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH3KAV
Operator(s): OH3KAV
Station: OH3KAV

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Tampere

   10:    8     5
-------------------
Total:  701   119  Total Score = 180,880

This time I was trying to work SAC from my home QTH with multiband
vertical and 100 watts. I am not sure if my antenna has turned itself
to a dummy load on 28 MHz or was it just the conditions,  with only 8
difficult QSOs there. On 14 MHz I had S7-9 noise level, thanks to
suburbian environment, so I might have seemed quite deaf as everyone
was hearing me better than I did them. Having no antenna for 80m
I abused R-7000 also there resulting 50 QSOs.
I had decent 6 hours sleep, so about 18 hours on the air.
Thanks for a nice contest!

Rig:  FT-920 100 watts
Antenna: Cushcraft R-7000

73 de Ari OH3KAV