[3830] SAC CW C4Z(5B4AIZ) SOAB LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Sep 16 13:08:07 EDT 2012

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: C4Z
Operator(s): 5B4AIZ
Station: 5B4AIZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: MAZOTOS

   10:    9     8
-------------------
Total:  460   143  Total Score = 104,819

If you are looking for a contest where all the competitors from non SAC
countries are playing on the same park then this is the one to go for. Big guns
stns and rare dx c/signs count for nothing in a contest which is all about S&P.
The scandinavians park up on a qrg and stay there, they do not S&P,   Attempts
to run are futile. Of my 460 contacts only 10 of those called me and more than
half of those were in the final 30 minutes when I figured that surely guys will
be looking for mlts. So it ia a great contest because you have to work and spend
time in the chair. The piles are never large that a small pistol will not make
it. I found that going back after just a very few minutes did the trick. So
long as your station is capable of reaching the target area you are in with as
much chance as everybody else, those who finish at the top of the heap have
earned it by hard work.

Band cndx are still not the best, very much a mixed bag. I made 1 qso on 10mtrs
oon Saturday. On Sunday morning that band tried to open but never made it. 80
mtrs was a mess of QRN needing lots of fills. 15 & 20 were ok  and 40 mtrs was
the star band I just could not find enough new stuff to work there. It was
encouraging to hear how well usa was coming through on 40, lets hope that
coninues for the coming autumn/winter season.

Disappointed with only one five bander, that was with SI9AM who for some
strange reason was giving out separate serial numbers for each band - confusing
or what?

I thoroughly enjoyed the session, did as well as I could and only missed one
mlt which I heard (OY4)and couldn't work. Activity from OZ was sparse, would
have liked more from LA. Support from the OH & SM boys is fantastic and the
fact that those guys are all superb operators increases the pleasure.

73 Brian  5B4AIZ.

Stn - 100w - 3 ele Triband up 15 mtrs - 40 mtr Dipole- Half sloper for 80 mtrs.