[3830] NAQP CW N3BB Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 4 08:50:56 EDT 2013

                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX

  160:    4     3
   10:   15     9
-------------------
Total:  371   116  Total Score = 43,036

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: DFWCG Rascals

Comments:

Two separate brief patches of participation between leaving for the airport to
get our older granddaughter, who arrived Saturday for a visit, and then an hour
late after everyone hit the sack. The rates were good, but when I hit 80 and
160, my antenna limitations were obvious, and I stopped at 0500Z as it wasn't
fun. Nice to stream the great CW through my head again. Lots of familiar calls.
Lots of little "hellos" sent.

Gonna change my 160 antenna for sure, and also give some thought to improving
the 80 meter sloper system. But it's just hard to "be loud" with 100W
in the teeth of summer.

Always fun to take part with so many super CW ops.

Thanks to Eric, NM5M for a wonderful organizing effort, and to K5OT for
recommending that I get on a team.

Jim N3BB