[3830] WAE CW PI4TUE(PC5A) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Aug 11 13:50:16 EDT 2013

                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: PI4TUE
Operator(s): PC5A
Station: PI4TUE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:

   80:   16          52
   40:   96         117
   20:  204   186   138
   15:  317   205   148
   10:   30    19    48
-------------------------
Total:  663   410   503  Total Score = 539,719

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

Since the rest of the club members did not fancy the QTC contest in CW I to
entered as Single-Op in LP category just out of curiosity of what is possible
with 100W at the 3-bander + wires club station (I count the 40m vertical as
"wires").

In summary I was able to work at least *90%* of all the stations I heard
(nicest one was breaking the pile-up of AL9A on 20m after 1 hour). There were
just a few stations who were loud but unable to hear me (XV9NPS on 15m to name
one).

Being connected to RBN is just as having a spectrum analyzer telling you where
there is a free spot, in any part of the world. I does make you lazy, I never
tuned the band, just watched the Available window in N1MM for new stuff and
then simply clicked and clicked. There is no need to be loud or have many
friends to get a spot.

Without typing skills copying QTC's in this contest is hard...! :-)

CU in the Multi-Op category for the SSB part.

73
-- Aurelio, PC5A

Station:
TenTec ORION, 3 el SteppIR, 40m vertical, 40m dipole, 80m horizontal loop, all
antenna's on rooftop @~65mtr, N1MM logging software