[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N9NB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 15 23:30:40 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 16

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA

   80:   7      7
   40:  11      7
   20:  17     10
   15:   4      3
Total:  39     27  Total Score = 1,053

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Wow, have I missed these NS Thursday nights! I just received a new radio (FT DX
5000 MP - it arrived last night), and figured out just enough of the radio to
be dangerous tonight.  What a blast! Was so nice to hear so many familar calls.
And shucks, the summer is almost over and I have to go back to school!

Was great to work fellow CTDXCCers Larry K5OT on every band (Thanks, Larry, for
the grand slam!) and Jim N3 Booga Booga on 20 and 40 - they were my only qso's
from the homeland of unbeatable beef brisket and breakfast tacos (and 100
degree summers)! Thanks to Rod W7OM and Ken N6RO for 3-banders (all but 80m
tonight) and Todd WD0T who was everywhere (except on 15m for me).

Since I have not been on in such a long time, I kept a paper log tonight and
used keyer paddles tonight, and was amazed at how easy it was to get back in
the rhythm. There sure are some great ops out there, thanks for the QSOs!

73, ted n9nb