[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N9NB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Aug 22 23:48:09 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Aug 23

Call: N9NB
Operator(s): N9NB
Station: N9NB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ky

   40:  11     10
   20:  11      8
   15:   2      2
Total:  24     20  Total Score = 480

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Operating from my car near the KY state fair, I found a nice perch 7 miles south
of Louisville, KY near the tallest place in Jefferson County, without too much
road noise. Unfortunately, the spot turned out to be directly in the landing
approach path for the Louisville airport, and I didn't have  headphones, so my
QRM was due to airplanes as well as signals from the mobile rig :-) Bands
seemed quite open. W6XK was booming in on 15 and 20 (Amazing signal for just a
wire antenna, Hank!), as was WD0T on 20. This makes two sprints in a row for
me, first time in a year. It is nice to be back on and work a few friends from
sprints gone by, and to hear so many new calls, as well. Thanks for the fun.