[3830] CWOpen WD0T(@KD0S) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Aug 31 00:30:08 EDT 2013

                    CWops CW Open - 0000Z-0359Z

Call: WD0T
Operator(s): WD0T
Station: KD0S

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: SD

  160:    6     0
   80:   63     9
   40:  105    34
   20:  138   109
Total:  371   208  Total Score = 77,168

Got off to a slow start on 15m, lots of SO2R work on 20m at that time!  Should
have been smarter and moved to 20m earlier. First hour was my slowest at 86
Q's.  Also has a power outage at 0045Z- took 7 minutes for everything to
recover, first time for a power outage here while operating!

20m was excellent, as was 40m.. Boy 80m was noisy and rough, my apologies on
many numbers it took repeats, and took finding the correct beverage to pull
signals out of heavy noise.. 160m even worse, but a few very loud signals
there!

Loads of FUN, my first time in CWO, and also been a LONG time since I had SO2R
hooked up, in a limited fashion anyhow.

Hour breakdowns: 86, 100, 96, 89.

Had 54 second rig Q's, I'm still re-learning SO2R so slow at it, but this is a
fantastic test for that!

Main rig: FT1KMK5 Field, 1500w amp, 3 tribanders at 95ft, 2- 2ele 40s at 90ft,
Dipole at 85ft on 80m, and dipole on 160m at 80ft.

Second Rig, TS940s, TH3-, 6BTV vert, 1KW amp.

Writelog software.. DX Doubler for SO2R.

Thanks all for the QSO's and CU at 1200Z session 73 Todd WD0T