[3830] ARRL 160 W0DLE M/S LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 8 10:01:13 EST 2013

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: W0DLE
Operator(s): K0AV W2UP W0DLE
Station: W0DLE

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CO
Remote Operation

Total:  QSOs = 950  Sections = 80  Countries = 9  Total Score = 175,330

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Thanks to the last minute recruitment of K0AV and W2UP we ran a M/S. Alan braved
the trip on the snowy roads and low temps to freeze while running the main run
station here, while Barry got to bask in the warmth of his Denver penthouse,
sipping hot tea, and using the W0DLE remote setup. Lucky guy that Barry. He
knows when to stay home! He really came through with a good rate mid-evening
and helped the score a lot. Alan went almost all night while my lazy butt was
snoozing. I look forward to having both of these fine ops here again for SO
efforts in the future. Thanks to the GMCC operators who called in and helped us
out. Too many to list. I want to thank W0ZP for calling in for my last contact
and allowing me to just make 175K+. No record, but I am happy with the results
even though EU was mostly missing here. Heard and worked a few, but JA was much
better. Top band was OK, but just short most of the time. LP is difficult on
160, but if you can hear them (EU), it makes no difference. CU next year.

Chuck
W0DLE