[3830] ARRLDX CW SN2M(SP2XF) SOSB/40 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 09:38:56 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: SN2M
Operator(s): SP2XF
Station: SP2XF

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: JO92PR

   40: 1020    56
Total: 1020    56  Total Score = 171,360

Club: SP DX Club

Comments:

RIG: IC775, IC765 + PA
ANT: 2 el yagi @25m, RX: Beverages 270,310,355 deg and 145 deg for l.path.

Congrats to YU1LA, S57AL, E77W and others for great scores.

First full time ARRL CW on 40M. My goal was 1000 QSO and I must say it was hard
job to do this...
Propagation was not bad, on saturday morning band stayed opened till 11:00 LT.
Also very nice l.path openings both afternoons, that gave 55 QSO's and new
mults (ID, WY). New 320m beverage for 145 deg helped a lot on the long path,
however coould't peak up some very weak VE6, VE7 callers. Maybe wrong
direction... Sometimes I noticed the same signal level on my 95 deg Beverage as
on 145 deg, so seems that the path was skewed a bit, to 125-130deg, I guess.

516 QSO's after the first night.

The worst moment was on sunday early morning, between 04;00-06:00 UTC, when the
rate went totally down, I had almost no callers for 2 hours, really don't know
what caused that "black hole"...

Highlights were definetely new 2 mults from Canada, just before the end of the
contest: VA5DX and VE6BN (AB, SK), which was very surprising because 23:00 UTC
is preety early for working this aerea on low bands.

There was an interesting event on the band on saturday morning, abt 10:00 UTC -
I was copying JT5DX working USA and his signal was coming purely from the north
pole, 355 deg, absolutely nothing heard from other directions (direct path from
hr is 90deg).

Best 73's and CU in SSB.

de SP2XF Mac