[3830] ARRLDX CW W4RM M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 10:37:47 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: W4RM
Operator(s): W4RM, W4NF, W7IY, K5VG, K4RG, N3AHA, ND3D
Station: W4RM

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: VA

   40: 1243   106
   20: 1649   115
   15: 1484   119
Total: 5551   571  Total Score = 9,478,029

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

W4RM Antennas

160 Meters - 2 element Vertical Phased Array, each element with 4 elevated
radials, COMTEK Switchbox, NE & SW

80 Meters - Force 12 Rotatable Dipole at 120 feet

40 Meters - Force 13 3 Elements at 112 feet

C31XRs    - 3 Stack at 104/72/36 feet (all on ring rotors)

15 Meter EU Stack	4/4 at 75/35 feet (Tree mounted)

10 Meter EU Stack	5/5 at 60/30 feet (Tree Mounted)

20 Meter EU antenna	Force 12 - 4 elements at 65 feet (Tree Mounted)

SE Beam		Force 12 C3E at 55 feet (Tree Mounted)

Beverages - 160M/80M NE Phased array 580 feet, 40M NE Phased array 300 feet.
Also SE, SW, NW and West beverages at 580 feet each.

Thanks to Bill and Lori again for sharing their home and great station for this
year’s running of the contest.  Bill added a K3 to the station and we used
that for a number of the runs during the contest.  We were visited by Murphy a
few times over the weekend with some erratic SWRs on the 80 Meter Rotatable
Dipole and with the Station 1 computer having some delay problems that we have
not encountered in the past.  John, K5VG, was able to operate with us this year
and that helped out a lot with the operating schedule.

The 10 Meter EU opening was much better on Sunday and 20 Meters just kept going
and going both days.  15 Meters, while good was not as hot as we had hoped for.
The M2 Category is very competitive and the W4RM Team continues to push to stay
in the running.  Thanks for all the Qs and we’ll see everyone in two weeks
for the phone contest.

73, Jack W4NF (W4RM's older/wiser brother)