[3830] ARRLDX CW K9NW(@K9UWA) SOAB HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon Feb 18 10:43:06 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Indiana

   15: 1071   100
Total: 2580   438  Total Score = 3,383,550

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

This one started out as a 15m single band effort.  I'd spent most of the two
prior weeks working out on Guam and my body had pretty much adjusted to "Guam
time."  Having not yet quite readjusted back to "W8/W9 time" since my return
home Wednesday evening, I was tired going in.

15m started out great Saturday morning but once the band seemed to mostly close
up shop to EU in the 18z hour on Saturday I decided the best way to stay
motivated was to go to 20m and run some more EU.  And, thus, the effort morphed
into and all band affair.  Had I envisioned this I certainly would have taken
full advantage of the FB lowband condx Friday night - I pretty much blew off
most of the first 12 hours, working just a sampling of stations across the
bands.  (Took a little time, as well, early each evening trying to coax some
workable signal out of 9U4U on Topband to no avail....)

Nice 80/160m condx Friday night!
Nice JA/Asia condx on 15m Saturday evening!
Nice 10m condx Sunday morning!

Thanks once again to John and Jean!

73, Mike K9NW