[3830] ARRLDX CW KH7X(@KH6YY) M/2 HP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Tue Feb 19 18:55:24 EST 2013

                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7X
Operator(s): KH6ND K7NV
Station: KH6YY

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Hawaii

   40: 1315    57
   20: 1085    58
   15: 1805    59
   10: 1321    59
-------------------
Total: 6769   343  Total Score = 6,965,301

Our sincere thanks to our good buddy K7NV, who dropped everything to
get out here in very short order the Monday before the contest. I
discovered a weakness at the top of the 80 meter tower during a climb
just a few days beforehand, it's amazing what weeks of relentless 50
MPH winds can do. So... we put his talents to work all week long
fabricating in the new workshop here that he helped design, as well as
many hours of welding high above the ground. Tired from a long week,
and having a last minute cancellation from our third operator, we
decided to go ahead with our plan for a M/2 and get a bit of needed
rest both mornings along the way. We had a heckuva good time!

Kurt is back up on the tower for the past 3 hours this morning,
showering the neighborhood with sparks as I find a moment to compose
this.

Thanks to all of you that made it into our log.

Aloha!
Mike
KH6ND