[3830] HA DX DL8MBS SOABMixed QRP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Sun Jan 20 08:10:22 EST 2013

                    Hungarian DX Contest

Call: DL8MBS
Operator(s): DL8MBS
Station: DL8MBS

Class: SOABMixed QRP
QTH: Erfurt

  160:   28              9
   80:  161             18
   40:  158             17
   20:  103              5
----------------------------
Total:  480      0      49  Total Score = 51,450

First weekend for months without scheduled activities. So nice to have some time
and a contest with good activity. Many good ears, even if several cases made me
headscratching how some guys copied call and serial without any request over
distances of greater than 1000 km on i.e. 160m (given that I only used 45 lw
running from 12m height to ground and upwards again). But I will believe very,
very firmly in only good rx-antennas on their end.

Funniest rx-challenge here were my three ladies sunday morning baking birthday
cookies at the other end of the kitchen which also host the shack corner. So
SSB would have resulted in another interesting cooking radio show...

Is it the contest with the fewest multipliers available (120)?  The search for
nr. 50 failed with a HA5 on 40m who was buried under callers for his Budapest
BP - was there a big event in the capital city that just BP was so rare - of
course only here ;-)

Rig: K2 (5W) and lowwires

73, Chris (DL8MBS)