[3830] NAQP RTTY KU5B(@NX5M) M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 21 13:27:05 EDT 2013

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: KU5B
Operator(s): KU5B NX5M N5XJ AD5OS
Station: NX5M

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: Somerville, TX

Total: 1163   202  Total Score = 234,926

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Team:

Comments:

Another fun weekend. Glad to have Brian, AD5OS back after first joining us in
February.

Condx seemed OK, 10 was disappointing although we didn't pay much attention to
it the first 2 hours and something may have slipped by. 15 definitely made up
for 10.

About 4pm, we had a storm begin to form just to our Southwest that, at one
point, produced a slowly rotating wall cloud 2 miles away. We were extremely
close to shutting down a few times because of lightning in the area.

The 80m beverages saved the day. No noise combined with generally weak signals
made 80 a challenge in finding the right direction at times.

The only issue we had was at the beginning. The 15 and 20m computers both
locked up at different points in a QSO which required a full hard shut down of
Win-Test and restart. The problem was traced to a script which clears the RIT
after the 'TU' message is saved. After that was taken out, the problem never
occurred again.

See you in CW and SSB as NX5M M/2.

73,
Colin KU5B