[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

webform at b41h.net webform at b41h.net
Mon May 6 22:09:13 EDT 2013

                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA (NORMA)

   80:     63
   40:    110        3
   20:    126        7
   15:     63
   10:      7
------------------------
Total:    369       10  Mults = 63  Total Score = 47,124

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Tom K1KI and the entire crew for another fun NEQP. I had very limited
hours this year due to family commitments.

Missed almost all of Friday. Conditions were not great Sunday AM at my QTH and
I had trouble getting anything going. After getting frustrated on 20 CW, I
decided to try 15M CW with the antenna pointed at EU.  I worked a bunch of west
coast USA stations at S8/9 that I couldn't here with the antenna pointed west
including AH6RE. Very strange.

EU DX was weak for the most part except for RL3A who was S9+. I tried
desperately to pull a DX QRP station out of the noise, but never completed the
QSO...sorry OM!  I did go to 10M multiple times hoping for an opening but no
luck.

I did put a few phone QSO's in the log, but had reports of 4-5 stations nearby
or on top of my frequency on 20. Couldn't find a clear freq. With more hours I
would have been on 40/75 Friday PM...maybe next year. I like CW a lot better
than phone !!!

Thanks for all the QSO's and many multiple band contacts.

Station: TenTec Omni 7 100W, 4 element tribander @30 ft, 80/40 dipoles @35 ft

73  Rick  N1DC