[3830] SS SSB W2LC Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Nov 17 23:34:36 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: W2LC
Operator(s): W2LC
Station: W2LC

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY

Club: Golden Knights Contest Club

Comments:

I was going to travel to NNY again this year for SS, but I decided not to go to
the Clarkson University hockey game Saturday. I operated from a state park in
Jefferson County last time, which is about an hour away. I was asked several
times by guys with pre-fill “NNY” ?  But I had to disappoint them.

My tower got at least an indirect hit by lightning about 6 weeks ago and I am
still testing things out. I found the antenna switch box blown, and a toasted
piece of coax. The phasing box seemed to work except for the high SWR on 10m. I
still have to go outside to manually switch antennas, so I have to replace that
switch box soon.

40 meters was very good with my best two hours of 116 and 110. It was nice to
work some decent SS rates again. I haven’t operated much in SS for a while. I
got on 40 meters Sunday evening hoping to get an answer by a VO1 (NL), for my
last section, only to find VO1KVT about 4 kHz above me calling CQ. Worked him
and called it quits, I was getting pretty tired.

Nice to hear all of the regulars on!

73 Scott W2LC