[3830] SS SSB N9NE Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Nov 19 13:11:32 EST 2013

                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N9NE
Operator(s): N9NE
Station: N9NE

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Amherst, WI
Operating Time (hrs): ~22

Club: Central Wisconsin Amateurs

Comments:

A tough contest for QRP. Lots of T-storm QRN here and had to go off air several
times when lightning strikes were close. Rendered 40M (usually my money
band)virtually useless during the day. Felt a bit sorry for myself until I
heard about the tornadoes to my south. Missed three sections: SK and PR which I
never heard, and NL whose pile I could not penetrate. Conditions on 20-10 were
excellent but after a while new calls become rare in S at P. Runs were sporadic
and often short due to QRM. Many ops apologized for asking for fills, while I
was the one who had ought to be apologizing for calling them with a weak
signal!  Most striking QSO was with W1NN who was operating remote in Tokyo at 9
am his time :)

Setup here: K3 at 5W, Force 12 C-4SXL at 70' and 176' doublet at 67'.

Thanks to all who pulled me out of the noise!

72/73
Todd
N9 Never Easy