[3830] CQWW CW ZS4TX(@ZS9X) SOSB/15 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Nov 28 02:09:39 EST 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZS4TX
Operator(s): ZS4TX
Station: ZS9X

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: Bloemfontein

   15: 1310    38      111
Total: 1310    38      111  Total Score = 569,000

Fantastic propagation with several ZL's and KL7's coming through from all
directions in the first few hours that 15m opened for me.  The stage was set
for a good score..

This year I was fully prepared [:-)]with backups of everything that usually
fails during my contest efforts.  At 10 hours into the contest I was ahead of
my 2012 score by at least 20% when the generator stopped working due to a
faulty auxilliary diesel pump. "Fully prepared" obviously did not
include a backup generator..  This generator never failed in the 7 years that
the ZS9X station has been active. Lesson learnt.

Some big high band scores posted from CX, ZD8, Z8 etc, well done!