[3830] CaQP K6MI M/MCntyExp HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Oct 11 00:38:08 EDT 2013

                    California QSO Party

Call: K6MI
Operator(s): K6GHA K6MI K6VLF KK6GRP K9YC N3ZZ N6RNO W6GJB WB6HYD
Station: K6MI

Class: M/MCntyExp HP
QTH: TEHA

   40:   185     67
--------------------
Total:  1574   1075  Mults = 57  Total Score = 391,419

NCCC may have another new member -- Ranjeet, KK6GRP, was recruited by WB6HYD
after he passed his General exam only a week earlier! After a couple of long
shifts with a second set of headphones listening to K6GHA and W6GJB, Ranjeet,
with WB6HYD in the second chair, took over when they went to bed and turned in
a quite respectable shift in the SSB station. While we certainly missed NI6T,
we were equally happy to have K6GHA join us. Not only that, but Rhino was back
after a one year hiatus, and outdid himself launching ropes for wire antennas
high into the scrub trees using nothing more than his arm and a borrowed tennis
ball from N3ZZ's launcher.

We needed no help from Murphy to make things go wrong. K9YC lost count of power
amps, discovering as we began setting up stations late Friday afternoon that we
had only two KPA500s for three K3-equipped stations. And somehow the slick
rebuild by W6GJB of the 2-element vertical array that bought from W6NF got
installed facing KH6 rather than W2. We worked KH6 on 40 pretty quickly
though.

73, Jim K9YC