[3830] NCCC Sprint W0BH LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 17 23:23:06 EDT 2013

                    NCCC Sprint - Oct 18

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): .5

   80:  16     13
   40:  15     11
   20:   5      5
Total:  36     29  Total Score = 1,044

Tonight was a work in progress. I've been doing tower work, but that's almost
done .. should be up by next week. While the tower was down, I had a lightning
strike with everything disconnected or surge protected, but it was really close
so I still had some equipment damage. My logging laptop wouldn't start but I
took out the hard drive and duplicated it in another identical laptop, so that
piece is now working. I have CW back online after replacing a transistor in the
external computer keying circuit. My beverage controller died so it was locked
on my omnidirectional setting.  I replaced the controller today and have 8
beverage directions again.  I also checked out the new feedline going to the
beam this evening.

I still need to get rig control back.  I think I lost a decoder box, and it's
also possible the data jack on the rig is bad.  There are also issues with my
SO2R, but haven't started to figure that out until the first rig works
normally.  As I said, a work in progress!  Enjoyed getting on and playing as
always.  Thanks for the Qs.

73, Bob, w0bh