[3830] CQWW SSB K2PO SOAB LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 11:25:02 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SOAB LP
QTH:

  160:   10     5        4
   80:   57    15       19
   40:  252    27       78
   20:  246    32       92
   15:  415    33       91
   10:  785    30       89

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Well that's one for the record books - 10m open to northern Europe from here in
the US northwest - a first in my contest experience.

Another first - more Europeans in the log than Asians (38% to 34%)

While 10m was the star of the event, the low bands get credit too.  My country
totals were up on each of 160/80/40 (but no Europeans on 160/80, of course…)

While my band-country count was up from last year (373 vs. 331), my tally of
unique countries was down one (125 vs 126).

Highlights included working 7O2A, and local Willamette Valley DX Club member
E51AAR (K7AR).

It may be my imagination, but I wasn't as bothered with splatter this year as
in the past.  Perhaps the new rule that defines unsportsmanlike conduct as
including signals with excessive bandwidth is having an effect.

Thanks to all the ops who made DX-peditions for the event.

See you in CW,

Bill, K2PO
Oregon