[3830] CQWW SSB NA1DX SOAB(A) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Oct 28 11:25:08 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: NA1DX
Operator(s): NA1DX
Station: NA1DX

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 15:51

  160:    2     2        2
   80:    1     1        1
   40:    9     8        8
   20:   51    19       34
   15:  101    24       67
   10:  139    27       75

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

First time doing CQ WW SSB. Please QSL direct and/or LOTW! I am hoping many
upload their logs to LOTW, so I can quickly wrap up DXCC for QRP, 10, 15, and
20m.   After the fall, I plan to send out a stack via the bureau.

My radio was an Elecraft K3 at 5 watts.  I setup N1MM to interface the K3,
including the K3 built in memory digital keyer late Friday night. This made my
operating quieter for the XYL.

Antennas: Mosley TA-33 on top of an AB-577 up 40 feet.  Also used Buckmaster
OCF 8 Band Dipole and a variety of Vee Beams.  Used N1MM to interface
Microsyste​ms Design Services rotor controller to Yaesu DX rotor.  Figured
that out Saturday just before lunch.

It was a lot of fun to pounce on spots.  Either I worked the station on a
couple of calls or I moved on.  I then would try again later as the band
openings moved.  Stations with a lot of pileups were tough to break QRP, but I
contacted many on Sunday later in the contest.  Also, with the band spread
window in N1MM, I was able to find stations from the same direction to try to
work within the band.

I had just about twice the number QSOs over my QRP operation for WPX SSB in the
spring, all while operating 3 hrs less time.  Mostly because I worked assisted
the **whole time**, and more importantly I had the tribander.

I missed a lot of the prime time operating on 20m-10m due to family and cross
country coaching conflicts, including cooking meals.

I hope to operate CQ WW CW, too.

QSL Direct or LOTW. Info at http://www.ellmore.net/na1dx

73 and Good DX,

Doug/NA1DX