[3830] CQWW SSB KG1E SOAB(A) LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 31 03:39:37 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KG1E
Operator(s): KG1E
Station: KG1E

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: EMASS

  160:    6     2        2
   80:   21     8       14
   40:   54    13       44
   20:  314    30      101
   15:  440    30      102
   10: 1031    31      114

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Last minute decision was made to try SOAB (A) LP category this year.
The high solar flux before the contest led us to believe that 10 meters would
be the hot band this year and concentrated our efforts there. However spending
too much time on 10 trying to reach 1000 QSO's lessened our results on the
other bands. Could not find a run frequency on 15 or 20 meters due to high
activity and lots of splatter from numerous DX stations. Almost all contacts on
15M and 20M were S&P. Making only 81 contacts on 40 80 and 160 was rather a
poor effort due to our poor antennas and high absorption on the low bands.We
could hear quite a few stations but they could not hear us. Well, back to the
drawing board and hope to improve on the low bands for next year. Lots of room
for improvement on this end.More time in the chair would have helped.
Thanks to all who pulled us out of the noise this past weekend.