[3830] CQWW SSB KG0US SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Oct 31 15:27:17 EDT 2013

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KG0US
Operator(s): KG0US
Station: KG0US

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: MO 04
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    5     5        5
   80:   48    18       34
   40:   82    20       52
   20:  202    30       83
   15:  161    26       82
   10:  232    30      106
------------------------------
Total:  730   129      362  Total Score = 1,002,000

Club: Kansas City DX Club

Comments:

Thank God for the great propagation.  I was just about to write off this entire
sun spot cycle.
Found out that one of my tree branches has grown up to cause turning
interferrence with my lone KT34A at 50 feet.  It limits me to North, Northwest,
to South at night.  However after sunrise something happens where the tree frees
up my antenna allowing me to turn it to the Northeast to Southeast.  I have a
tree trimmer scheduled to come by and fix that problem.
Just causual search and pounce operating here with the KT34A at 50 feet and a
Alpha Delta DX-A sloper on the tower for the low bands.  Ten meters was so good
that I started to call CQ but then quickly remembered that I am walking on
eggshells since one of my neighbors complained last year towards the end of the
10 meter contest.  Think of that, I recently saw the awesome flyover video at
K3LR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMzdTQzJjSc

My perception of K3LR was that is was a contest station in a remote area out in
the country.  Looking at the video, there are neighborhood houses everywhere.  I
wonder how he keeps peace in the neighborhood?  Steve K0OU and I and others are
always battling with neighbors with U-verse and surround sound systems.  Maybe
it is because the stations antennas are much higher in the air?  The strange
thing with my house is that I have a 37” LCD TV connected to an outside
antenna on the chimmney of the house and I do not get any interference on HF
even when running QRO.  Now, I could not say that a few years ago when I used
an old format 36” Sony tube TV.

Anyway, it was great and I hope that the CQ WW CW and the 10 meter contest is
just as lively in December.

73,

Dave KG0US