[3830] SAC CW OH0R(OH2PM) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Sep 24 04:17:26 EDT 2013

                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: OH0R
Operator(s): OH2PM
Station: OH0R

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:

Total: 2368   245  Total Score = 1,401,645

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

First of all congrats to Kim (at OH2BH) for excellent job.
I knew that I cannot compete (not anymore) in multipliers and  neither could I
compensate my SO2R handicap in QSO rate. I needed 10 more mults or
respectively
100 more QSOs to get on par with Kim. Hopefully not too many mults will be lost
at log check, otherwise also Toni( at OH8X) will pass over.
Now also the the younger genation Swedish operators seem to be taking over.
This is very positive tendency. However we oldtimers should not give up and
make it too easy for them.

More than 950 DX in the log and about 50 NA QSOs on 80 indicate that conditions
were good enough. I spent the last hour on 10 where the multiplier potential was
highest. Earlier the radar noise was too dominant. I got  a few more mults but
the rate went down below half of the average.
This year the activity in all Scadinavia sounded high which is good thinking
about the future of the contest. However  I was longing for some DX calls who
frequently used participate during the past tens of years.

A great fun as The Scandinavian Activity Contest always is. Thanks to all for
the QSOs.

See you all in the future contests.

Pertti, OH2PM