[3830] CQWW CW N2QT SOAB(A) QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 09:56:34 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N2QT
Operator(s): N2QT
Station: N2QT

Class: SOAB(A) QRP
QTH: VA

  160:    8     4        4
   80:   44    11       26
   40:  352    19       79
   20:  323    30       87
   15:  395    32      111
   10:  313    24       81

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This score is a real testament to the quality of operators in this contest.  It
continues to surprise me how often my call and exchange were picked up 100%
first time! It also shows how robust the RBN has become.  It was 'easy' to hit
last 10 rates well over 100 just doing s/p, which is all this cw challenged
operator did.

I was hoping to put some more time in (especially since the bands were so
good), but getting home about 2 hours before the contest start after driving
home just didn't help that.  It was also annoying to find that my local packet
cluster and cwskimserver were both ailing and needed attention that would have
been better directed elsewhere.  Still I added to my qrp dxcc list and just had
a blast working guys with 5 w. I didn't really do so2r, but at the end did set
both radios up on needed q's and ping ponged between them.  Most exciting
contact was finding 8Q7DV alone and taking several minutes to find a qsb peak
to work him.

Radios Two Elecraft K3
KT34A at 60 ft,
3 el Steppir at 48 ft
40M rotary dipole at 54 ft
shunt fed tower on 80/160 M

As an editorial comment, I really hate ALL cut numbers besides 5NN.