[3830] CQWW CW KE4S SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 11:29:53 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KE4S
Operator(s): KE4S
Station: KE4S

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: KE4S

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   52    10       35
   40:   70    11       32
   20:  148    32       66
   15:  170    33       81
   10:   79    20       42
------------------------------
Total:  619   106      256  Total Score = 519,470

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I started out just to provide some points for the club with a late start on
Saturday morning. Propagation gods were smiling on 15 and 10 during the late
afternoon and evening; I had fun working JAs on 10 and 15 on Saturday evening
simply by junping down the band map.  The JAs and zones 10, 11 are almost
directly opposite directions, so the reversible SteppIR does a fantastic job of
working both directions without reaiming the beam.  Decided I needed to try some
DX on my wire ant so put in a bit of time in 40 and 80; seems to work quite well
for EU, northern SA, and Caribbean. Did not try 160 - I will leave that for the
upcoming contests.  Sunday afternoon, 10 and 15 were open again, and I saw
several China stations spotted, worked a few.  I always have difficulty working
SW Asia, but managed to log a few of them as well.