[3830] CQWW CW KU2C(@N2NT) SOAB(A) HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 1 11:31:06 EST 2014

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KU2C
Operator(s): KU2C
Station: N2NT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NJ

  160:   36     9       28
   80:  283    17       66
   40:  537    27       83
   20:  763    38      125
   15:  641    33      110
   10:  622    32      120

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Equipment: K3/P3, ACOM 2000A,  and Wintest.

Antennas: 160m four-square
80m 6el broadside-endfire vertical array
NE,S,W beverages
40m 2el cushcraft and 3el wire beam NE and another South
20m two yagi stack
15m 6/6 - 5/5 broadside stack
10m 6/6/6
KT34XA pointed SE most of the time

My great thanks to Andy (N2NT) for the use of his amazing station and to his
family
for allowing me to "camp in" for the weekend! (Andy was at V47T)

This was my first SO effort in many many years and while I developed a plan,
with goals and a strategy I made a few mistakes and was certainly a bit rusty.

At the same time I did achieve my all time best score, in large part due
to Andy's incredible antennas and station design.

Conditions were amazing and as someone licensed in 1960 I can only hope to see

conditions this good again! I should have spent more time on 20m the first
night
and less on 40m but also more on 80m. Didn't make my goal of 3200 Q's as I
probably spent a little bit too much time hopping from band to band and perhaps
chasing mults when first on a new band and before leaving.

Thanks to all for the Q' and GOFRC !!

Pete // KU2C