[3830] ARRL 160 N6RO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 7 19:40:58 EST 2014

                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N6RO
Operator(s): N6RO
Station: N6RO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA

Total:  QSOs = 224  Sections = 59  Countries = 1  Total Score = 30,480

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Got in four 30 min. spurts Saturday night/Sun. AM.  Rates were ok as I was fresh
meat. Condx were poor all night, all signals east of the Rockies were absorbed;
A=20. Only DX was a dozen JAs.  I hope for better prop. in the Stew Perry.

All Qs were from CQs.  In-between CQs I listened on the other RX: some high
scoring stations (in W1 & W3 land)were CQing on the same freq. all night,
apparently not searching the band.  I missed their mults by stubbornly only
CQing!

The new SAL-30 RX array worked well, but the TX 4SQ was slightly better most of
the time, and diversity RX helped, using both arrays.

The ten meter RTTY test was more fun!