[3830] ARRL 10 NR4M SO CW Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Dec 14 18:16:24 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: NR4M
Operator(s): NR4M
Station: NR4M

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: VA

   CW: 1721   150
  SSB:
-------------------
Total: 1721   150  Total Score = 1,032,600

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Trying new stuff out.
In the past, I've never had an antenna lower than 120 feet that I could turn
and use in domestic contest.  That was really miserable.  Day before the
contest, a friend gave me a 5 ele 10 meter yagi that K7SV and I got up the day
of the contest.  Put it on a crankup and raised to the tremendous height of
about 40 feet.  Worked like a charm!
Only problem I had was caused by the operator.  I spent the first half of the
contest turning my high yagi, only to be disappointed in how it was performing!
 Found out that due to a mix up with my new wireless wireless controllers, I had
been giving one of my 15 meter rotators a real workout, while the high 10
pointed due north. Using wrong controller!  Duh!

Fun anyway.

Thanks for all the Q's.

de Steve, NR4M