[3830] ARRL 10 KC4TEO SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Dec 15 00:02:08 EST 2014

                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KC4TEO
Operator(s): KC4TEO
Station: KC4TEO

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: AL

   CW:  320   105
  SSB:  195    80
-------------------
Total:  515   185  Total Score = 308,950

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

IC-735, triband yagi (A3S), aluminum dipole, WriteLog, leftover Halloween
candy.

I had wanted to use two antennas for the contest so I could "fix" one
on South America and rotate the A3S as necessary.  So on Saturday morning, I
adjusted my very low homebrew 12 meter "rotatable" dipole (rotator
not installed) down to 10 meters and oriented it NW/SE.  It worked surprisingly
well, as the dipole is only ten feet above the roof!

No Alabama football games to compete with this time.  It's actually pretty neat
to have the "night off" during this kind of contest, so I basically
had a normal Saturday night.