[3830] CQ160 CW WB9JPS Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 26 11:29:57 EST 2014

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: WB9JPS
Operator(s): WB9JPS
Station: WB9JPS

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: Livermore, CA

Total:  QSOs = 33  State/Prov = 11  Countries = 2  Total Score = 793

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: TS-590.  Logging: HRD
First time on 160. Used my very low 40m dipole as a top-loaded
"vertical". Ran 100W because tuner was very unhappy. This antenna is
about equal in performance to a bent coat hanger. Only possible to work
stations that were above S9. Running yielded zero response. Best dx was WY,
though I could hear the East coast.  Interesting band, very slow QSB. Hope to
have space for real antennas when I retire and move somewhere else...