[3830] ARRL June VHF K8MR Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 23:41:23 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN91

  1.2:    4     3
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  237   109  Total Score = 31,501

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Best tropo in quite a few years, though Es was rather ordinary. At one point on
six meters, K1TO from Florida was there with a good signal, but was still
getting clobbered by W4IY 250 miles away in Virginia.

Most interesting propagation story: Sunday afternoon things were pretty slow,
so I decided to head out to track down some of the line noise I'd been
listening to all weekend. This means riding around on my bike with a Yaesu
VX3-R and a 5L yagi listening to 432.100 AM. While doing so I heard VE3SMA/R in
EN92 strong enough to be able to make him out on AM, so I rushed home to instead
find VE3OIL booming through, with conditions good enough to make the rare (for
me) QSO outside my grid (and country!) on 1296 as well as the bottom four
bands. Later I found VE3SMA for five bands there as well.

73 -  Jim  K8MR