[3830] ARRL June VHF K1TO SO 3B LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jun 15 23:45:21 EDT 2014

                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1TO
Operator(s): K1TO
Station: K1TO

Class: SO 3B LP
QTH: EL87
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  719   148
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  719   148  Total Score = 106,412

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Very different condx from last year's event (my 1st ever).  Last year, there was
a smattering of DX.  This year, zero here.  Last year, managed to raise a few
CA.  This year, zero.  Last year only produced 148 QSOs.  With only 46 in the
log on Saturday, it looked like this year might be even worse.

Slept through the alarm on Sunday, but still got on the band at 1219Z and found
it wide open to the northeast.  These were the conditions that I had hoped for
last year with lots of loud Es signals.  A little less than 7 hours later, it
was time to stop and the next 6 hours were spent focused on Father's Day and
dodging thunderstorms.

Although other priorities were calling, I chose to spend the 01Z hour working
another few dozen northeastern stations since my 6M Es season will soon already
be cut short.

Don't recall that many rovers on last year -- thanks to all who called in.

No luck finding ND, NV or KH6 to complete WAS, but I did get to bug one friend
for an LOTW upload for a state not yet confirmed.

Closest thing to DX was hearing "FP8FD GN17" clearly repeated several
times on .089.  Don't think there's been an FP8 call issued in many years, but
who knows?!  WFWL.

No interest in 2M or 440, so this is a 6M single-band effort even though there
is no such category.

73, Dan