[3830] ARRLDX SSB N8UM SO Unlimited HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 19:44:32 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N8UM
Operator(s): N8UM
Station: N8UM

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: TN

  160:   12     9
Total: 1099   290  Total Score = 956,130

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Excellent conditions even though 15 meters never opened to Asia at the end of
the contest. 80 was excellent to EU the second night.  I almost quit Sunday
morning when 10 meters went long to Europe and I could not work anyone.
European Sunset brought an incredible run of 300 Qs at noon my time and woke me
up.

Hard to believe my ten meter antenna is four ground mounted 86 inch whips with
a dummy load (four square).

K3, 9500
4 squares for 40-10
67 ft. vertical for 80/160
Shared apex loops and external preamp for low bands
Win Test
Understanding Wife