[3830] ARRLDX SSB KW7XX SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 2 19:45:16 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KW7XX
Operator(s): KW7XX
Station: KW7XX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WA

  160:    -     -
   80:    1     1
Total:  500   142  Total Score = 213,000

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

My plans for a full effort on this one went by the wayside on Wednesday. A
medical emergency kept me tending to my lovely YL and her fractured elbow for
the weekend. Good news is that she's on the mend and it most likely not require
surgery!!

As far as the contest goes I was only able to manage a few hrs each day. Mostly
in the mornings and late afternoon. 20 meters was REALLY BAD during the times I
was on air. But a nice opening to EU Sunday on both 10m and 15m was really
fun!! I operated 95% S&P during this weekend. I had set a goal for myself
of 60/hr. Unfortunately I fell a bit short netting only 48/hr. It was however
great practice on using the FTdx-5K assortment of filters to pull out the s3
signals sandwiched tightly between the s9+ stations. I am very impressed with
this receiver.

Thanks to those that worked me. Hope to see you all in WPX SSB later this
month!!

Dean
KW7XX

Equipment: