[3830] ARRLDX SSB K1VSJ SOSB/10 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 4 23:35:53 EST 2014

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K1VSJ
Operator(s): K1VSJ
Station: K1VSJ

Class: SOSB/10 LP
QTH: RI

Total:  826    96  Total Score = 237,888

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I chose to do a single band 10 since I had family commitments that took care of
Friday night and Saturday from 20:30Z on. Probably didn't miss too much since I
was on Sunday for the last 3.5 hours of the contest. However I also had an
important band(not amateur) rehearsal from 17:30 to 20:30 on Sunday and when
left EU was still strong. Had a 152 hour Sat. morning which was the best run I
ever had. Should've had a few more mults but it's tough to leave a good run !!
One suggestion to the ARRL contest committee is to have separate category for
assisted and unassisted for single band entries like the CQWW.
My station: Icom 756 pro3 and a Mosley CL-33 (vintage 1966) at 55 ft. No
internet, etc., just an old windows 98 computer with CT-9.  I guess the
advantage of single band 10 is that I can actually get some sleep !!!