[3830] OkQP K5ZZR Mobile Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Mar 25 16:15:15 EDT 2014

                    Oklahoma QSO Party

Call: K5ZZR
Operator(s): K5ZZR
Station: K5ZZR

Class: Mobile Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:     0         0
   80:     0         0
   40:     0         7
   20:     0        71
   15:     0        42
   10:     0         1
    6:     0         0
------------------------
Total:     0       121  Mults = 47  Total Score = 11,874

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

These mobile trips are a sure cure for cabin fever.  Couldn't wait to get home.
Hi.  Spent most of my time in the panhandle and also a few western border
counties.  I park to operate so had a lot of unproductive driving time.  Tried
out the Flex-3000 as a mobile rig and it made the party much more enjoyable
than last year.  Antenna is a Tarheel 200 and my logging computer and radio
interface was a Mac Book Pro.
The dominate DX station was OM2VL (Laci) who was booming in and could hear just
about anyone they wanted to.  I'd like to visit that station someday....
As you can probably guess John N6MU seemed to always be able to find anyone,
anywhere with 100w.  Amazing.... It was like he was sitting in my back
seat.....
Thanks to all who patiently followed me hope to see everyone again next year.
I'll probably do ARQP, TXQP (panhandle again), KSQP possibly the MOQP.  73's
Russ K5ZZR.